ALLAN B. ENGEN NURSE SCHOLARSHIP
The North Dakota Long Term Care Association (NDLTCA) is honored to be able to provide scholarships to assist qualified students who wish to further their education and practice in the long term care profession. This program is offered in memory of Allan B. Engen. Mr. Engen was Executive Director of North Dakota Long Term Care Association from 1979 to 1989. All long term care facility employees interested in becoming a nurse, (LPN or RN) are eligible to apply. This year we are excited to announce one lucky winner will recieve a $5,000 scholarship with numerous others recieving a $1,000 scholarship. The funds for nurse scholarships are primarily raised through the annual "Fun Run", held in conjunctions with the NDLTCA Annual Convention. The "Fun Run" is an annual walk/run where individuals of all ages raise dollars and make donations in support of nurse scholarships. The vast majority of all funds raised go directly to nursing scholarships.
- Currently employed in a NDLTCA member facility and recommended by that facility.
- Proof of acceptance into a nursing education program approved by the ND Board of Nursing.
- Two letters of recommendation required. One must be completed by the Director of Nursing or Administrator of the referring facility.
(All recommendations must be submitted on the standard recommendation form utilized or the applicant will be disqualified.)
- Application form must be typed. Completed application and supporting documentation must be received in one package by the NDLTCA office no later than 1:00 p.m. CST on August 31, 2022.
(Recommendations mailed separately from applications will not be accepted).
Questions or for more information contact Carol at 701-354-9777.
2021 Scholarship Winners:
- Cathia G. Albeno, Baptist Health Care Center, Bismarck
- Syrie Dunn, Eventide Fargo, Fargo
- Debra Glass, Baptist Health Care Center, Bismarck
- Brianna Regner, Napoleon Care Center, Napoleon
2022 Sponsor Members of the Fun Run
- Bill Barth
- Coaches Choice
- Sanford Health
- HIT INC
- University of Mary
- Annunciation Monastery
- Hatton Prairie Village
- Shelly and Wade Peterson
- Tom and Bev Herman
- Carol and Brendan Ternes
2022 Allan B. Engen Application Form (must be typed)
2022 Allan B. Engen Recommendation Form (fillable)